30 September 2012

Mt. Cardigan, Mt. Washington Avalanche Course

Long time no post!  Busy spring and summer changing jobs, moving, etc.  But I'm starting to pull everything together.  And that includes sorting through old videos and getting a few more posts up from the past six months as the weather starts to get a bit cooler and we all start looking forward to snow!

I am also looking to sell my Contour and buy a Go Pro before Christmas.  Lesson from last winter is that the Contour just doesn't have a wide enough FOV for skiing. This is especially clear to me now that I am looking at all of this footage for the first time in a while.  Some of it is quite disappointing, to be honest.  But that doesn't mean you shouldn't watch!

OK.  Enough rambling.  Here is a combo video with shots from the trip Scott and I took to Mt. Cardigan in late February, 2012.  Awesome snow fields.  Crappy snow on the day we went though.  I'm also including some footage from a March trip to Tuckerman for an Avalanche course with Osgood, Chad Greenlaw and Josh Lent.  I won't make a practice of filming snow pits, but thought it'd be worth taking a bit of footage during the class.  No soundtrack to this one.  Boring, I know.

More to come.  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment