18 April 2012

Tuckerman Still Shots.

With the season just about over, I thought I would throw a quick post together with some still shots from last weekend's trip to Tuckerman.  In the coming weeks I'll get some video up, and also some more stills from a few other back country trips Scott and I took over the past month, including photos from the Mt. Cardigan/Firescrew Snow Fields and an Avalanche Course on Mt. Washington (mostly around Hillman's highway and the Dutchess).

Enjoy!



Bottom of Left Gully and Chute - where we spent most of our time.

Scott at the top of Left Gully (our first run), with Wildcat in the background.



Looking down the Chute on our hike up for the second run of the day.

Looking up the Chute (doesn't look that steep here, does it?)

Looking across the Chute (looks a bit steeper!)

Self Portrait on the way up Chute - Fatigue setting in! 

Hillman's Highway - Scott finished up here, but I ran out of gas after eating a big lunch.  Turns out spending Saturday moving both a friend and myself (and climbing a few hundred flights of stairs along the way) wasn't a great way to prepare for Tuckerman.  Weak on my part, I know.


Sherburne Trail - Just about out of snow around the 1/2 way mark.  Symbolic of the end of the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment