19 February 2013

Bunker Hill, Charlestown, MA - February 8, 2013


Checking in with some overdue pictures and video from Nemo.  February 8, 2013 will forever be the day some strangers tramping through a blizzard offered me a glass of wine while I was poised to drop in on the infamous Sullivan St. chute in Charlestown, Massachusetts.  Doesn't get much better than that. 


Leading off with a few "day after" pictures.  Kelly ventures out into knee deep pow.


 Driveway shot.  Shoveling this was less awesome than skiing Bunker Hill the night before.




Mead St. Steeps.  Looked long and hard at this the night before.  There wasn't this much snow then, and I was terrified I would catch an edge and face plant into a post.  I think it would have been ski-able in the morning when I took this picture though.  Look forward to trying the next time we get 30 inches dumped on us. 


Just a random street in Charlestown with a few buried cars.  I was tempted to skin over a few cars the night before, but thought better of it.


My car, in the driveway.  Pretty serious wind slab in the foreground.


Kelly took these pictures - pretty awesome snowman in monument park. 


Even better pic.




Enjoy the video, the skiing footage is all in the second half.  

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Turns on Bunker Hill! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy! I wish I had taken a look off the backside of Bunkerhill near where the outdoor pool is. I forgot there was some potential terrain over there.

    ReplyDelete